Let’s talk about you!
(We’ll get to us in a second).
You are a new or newish coach, who hopefully has big dreams for yourself and your business.
We LOVE big dreams.
Big dreams are awesome.
But, you may be wondering “Uh-oh…how do I make them happen?”
If you are feeling lost, terrified, overwhelmed, anxious, worried, or excited-but-terrified about starting your coaching business, you are IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
We love you.
We want you to succeed.
(We created this free guide for you, have you grabbed it yet?)
And so we’ve put together this safe space for you to learn how to build and grow your coaching business…beyond anything you think is possible.
Because here’s the secret…
…it’s not rocket science.
It’s definitely not easy, but there are SO MANY ways to make money as a coach and also have an impact on the world in a way that feels good to you, we just want you to know that.
All you have to do is begin.
Who the heck are we and what does “Coach Pony” mean, anyway?
Coach Pony came from the idea that “coaching” comes from “stage coach” – meaning to move you forward.
And ponies help you get there (and also like to travel in herds).
Sometimes, you just need a ride and the right people around you to build your dreams.
We are those people!
(i.e. Coaches. Not random entrepreneurs, or lurkers, or folks who don’t get it. We are all coaches, because building a coaching business is different from anything else).
So welcome – and saddle up! We’ve got you now :).
Our Favorite Resources
If you are new to coaching you don’t need a lot to get going! (*Whew*)
You just need a few things:
- A scheduler to help you schedule clients, so you don’t need to hire an admin (yet). We recommend schedule once.
- A way to email people as you grow your customer base. An easy (and free!) way to get started is with MailChimp.
- A way to take payment. Think about starting with checks, and then moving to paypal or stripe so you can accept online payments.
- Business cards for networking (checkout vistaprint or moo.com)
- And ultimately a website. Though, you can start a coaching business without one! If you build a website there are tons of things out there to help you – we recommend buying and building a wordpress website through bluehost or godaddy to keep things simple in the beginning.
- And you need to read this awesome blog series on why most fantastic new coaches fail. Read it immediately if not sooner!
And who exactly is behind Coach Pony? (Seriously, why should we trust you again?)
Christie Mims is the crazy (crazy like a fox?) founder of The Revolutionary Club, a Forbes Top 100 for careers. This year she was named a top 29 career expert to follow, and has built her coaching business up from scratch, starting with nothing but a computer, couch, and lots and lots of chocolate.
She’s been paid to speak and write, she’s reached millions of clients, and she’s gone from miserable consultant to someone who gets paid to help people which is AMAZING.
Along the way she learned a few things:
- In order to succeed, you need the right information at the right time.
- If you want to build confidence that you can do it (and also get some of that helpful information), who you spend your time with matters a LOT.
- And this whole journey is a lot more fun with people who support you.
So welcome to Coach Pony. We believe in 4 things:
- Doing work that matters.
- Having an impact in the world (large or small)
- Creating a business that supports 1 and 2 (and also lets us lead a pretty cool life)
- Having fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, join us here!