Writing a book is a great way to create some passive income while you also cement your coaching knowledge and life experience into one lower-cost, marketable item that you can sell for years to come.
Books are great tools to help people get to know you and enter your coaching world, and build the trust that can ultimately turn them into a client.
Your book can also help raise your profile and bring you visibility as a thought leader, which can lead to wanting to book you (see what I did there?) for speaking engagements.
It’s also fantastic when you can codify your expertise as a coach, and really refine your system (writing makes you focus!).
So: You’ve got the skills, the knowledge, and the desire, but where to start? And what does it take to go from page one to published?
In this episode, we are looking at how to make money writing a book, and I’ll share the story of my first book–which you may think was wildly overpriced – and still is! – and how I made that decision and why it worked.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How books build trust and credibility with your audience and potential clients
- Why codifying your system by writing through the process makes you a better coach
- Book sales math and why your book is probably a marketing tool, not how you’ll fully support yourself
- Nine steps to plan, write, market, and launch your book
- Five essential tools to create a polished, professional book
To learn more about Christie Mims:
And if you have some chocolate worth reviewing on the show, we are easily bribed!
You can send it to us at: Christie Mims, 3630 High Street, #19286, Oakland, CA 94619