As one of the founders and current President of the board for the Maine Women’s Conference, Jodi Flynn has taken the conference from just an idea to a successful nonprofit focusing on supporting women across the state.
So how did she do it?
On this season of the Coach Pony Podcast, I’m sitting down with successful business owners to ask them, how did you build that?
And today I’ll dig in with Jodi about how it all started, how she grew the conference, what she’s learned, and what you should know if you’re thinking about hosting and building a successful conference.
Jodi Flynn of Women Taking the Lead is an Executive Leadership Coach, Podcaster, Author, Speaker, and Workshop Facilitator. Women leaders hire Jodi to develop the skills they need to thrive in senior leadership. She is the host of the critically acclaimed Women Taking the Lead podcast, and an Amazon bestselling author with her book, Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How the dynamics and challenges of becoming a nonprofit impacted the timeline from the idea to the first conference
- What taking the event online in 2021 did for their margins and attendance
- Why they chose not to max out the capacity of the venue for the sake of growth
- Jodi’s top three pieces of advice for coaches who want to host events
To learn more about Jodi Flynn:
- Women Taking the Lead
- The Maine Women’s Conference
- Facebook: @WomenTakingTheLead
- Twitter: @JodiMFlynn
- Connect with Jodi on LinkedIn
- Women Taking the Lead Podcast
- Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing
To learn more about Christie Mims:
And if you have some chocolate worth reviewing on the show, we are easily bribed!
You can send it to us at: Christie Mims, 3630 High Street, #19286, Oakland, CA 94619