Do you need to be certified to be a life coach?
The short answer is no, but with so many different schools and certifications out there, it’s easy to get confused about what certification to choose or if you want to get certified at all.
And of course Bobbi and I have thoughts.
This season on the Coach Pony Podcast, dating coach Bobbi Palmer, of Date Like a Grownup and I are here to help by answering your burning questions about your coaching business, so you can get more clients and get paid to coach! Get the inside scoop from coaches who have built 6 and 7 figure programs in a variety of niches. We have a LOT to say.
Random aside: we also have a Bridgerton audio theme this season, so enjoy!
Today we’re getting into certifications. Why it’s totally possible to be a great and successful life coach without one, why certification might be worth it for you, (and to the coaching profession!), the three key areas you need to build your expertise in, and why not getting certified doesn’t let you off the hook for your education.
Listen to the full episode to hear about:
- How most accredited life coaching programs work to help you build knowledge and experience
- How your educational and professional background may give you a leg up in becoming a coach without going through a program
- The three things you need to be an expert in to be a good coach
- Why coaching certification is probably worth it
- Four pieces of homework to help you decide if certification is right for you
To learn more about Bobbi Palmer:
To learn more about Christie Mims:
- International Coaching Federation
- Tina Tessina
- Co-Active Coaching
- Jumpstart Your Business Bootcamp: www.coachpony.com/bootcamp
- Free Marketing Quick Start
If you have some chocolate worth reviewing on the show, we are easily bribed! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your recommendation or if you want to send us something to try!