It can be hard to imagine that someone would pay you money to help them.
It’s not just the lack of confidence in making a living. It can also be about the lack of confidence in really being able to help people.
In the beginning, getting over your questions of self-worth and imposter complex can be the hardest part. And being able to push through and learn the value of how you can help other people can be a painful journey.
But it is also a rewarding journey.
In this first season of our podcast, we have been talking with experienced 6 and 7-figure coaches from different niches about how they got their very first paying client.
In this episode, we are peering into the world of date coaching with Bobbi Palmer, founder of Date Like a Grownup.
As an internationally recognized dating coach for women over 40, Bobbi delivers compassionate, real-life advice with a side of sass.
After becoming a first-time bride at age 47, Bobbi said “see ya’ to the corporate world and founded her company, Date Like a Grownup, beginning her mission to help women do what she did: find a magnificent, grownup man to share the rest of their life.
Over the last 12 years coaching, Bobbi has certainly experienced feelings of doubt, but she has been able to push through to a thriving coaching business.
And it all started with her first client.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How a blog that she thought no one would ever read led to her first client
- How much she charged that first client and what she charges now
- How she still, 12 years later, reaches tens of thousands of women every month through her blog posts
- And what Bobbi has done to get past the hardest part – believing in herself
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find–And Keep– Love by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- Buddhism Without Beliefs: A Contemporary Guide to Awakening by Stephen Batchelor
To learn more about Bobbi Palmer:
- Date Like a Grownup
- Facebook @DateLikeaGrownup
To learn more about Christie Mims:
- The Revolutionary Club
- Instagram @christiecoachpony
And if you have some chocolate worth reviewing on the show, we are easily bribed!