How did Jodi Flynn land her first paid coaching client? Networking, networking, networking.
This can apply to any business but especially when you’re coaching in the corporate executive realm, it’s all about relationships.
Getting clients is all about who you know and being brave enough to put yourself out there.
You have to get in front of potential clients, get to know them, and let them know what you can offer.
All this season we have been chatting with experienced 6 and 7-figure coaches from different niches about how they got that very first client and what they might do differently today.
In this episode, we are continuing our series by peering into the world of corporate coaching with the Founder of Women Taking the Lead, Jodi Flynn.
For over a decade, women leaders have been hiring Jodi to develop the skills needed to thrive in Senior Leadership.
She is the host of the critically acclaimed Women Taking the Lead podcast, and an Amazon bestselling author with her book, Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing. She is the President of the board for The Maine Women’s Conference and has been featured in Entrepreneur and Forbes Magazine.
Jodi is more than a decade into her career as a corporate coach and is still loving it!
And funny enough, after all these years of experience, she is still getting her clients the same way she got that very first paying client–networking, networking, networking…
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How Jodi’s first corporate coaching client was the biggest package she ever sold
- How the industry has changed in the 12 years since she started her business and what predictions she has for the corporate coaching world
- Why, when you’re in the corporate and executive realm, it’s all relationships–being willing to get to know people and be of service to them
- What Jodi teaches her clients about taking on more responsibility and rearranging their lives, all while taking care of themselves
- How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise, Promotion, or Job by Sally Helgesen
- In the Flo: Unlock Your Hormonal Advantage and Revolutionize Your Life by Alisa Vitti
To learn more about Jodi Flynn:
- Women Taking the Lead
- Facebook: @womentakingthelead
- LinkedIn:n @jodiflynn
- Twitter: @jodimflynn
- Instagram: @jodimflynn
To learn more about Christie Mims:
- FREE 26-Page Guide On How to Land Your First Clients
- The Revolutionary Club
- Instagram @christiecoachpony
And if you have some chocolate worth reviewing on the show, we are easily bribed! You can send it to us at:
Christie Mims, 3630 High Street, #19286 Oakland, CA 94619