Welcome to the first episode of Coach Pony Podcast, where our goal is to help you learn the critical business skills you need to succeed as a coach.
And it all starts with learning how to get paying clients.
In this first season of the podcast, we are interviewing experienced 6 and 7-figure coaches from different niches, delving into how they got that very first client and what they’d do differently today.
In today’s episode, we are going to peer into the world of career coaching with me! Christie Mims.
Before Coach Pony, I founded, and still own and operate, a career coaching business called The Revolutionary Club. Named a Forbes Top 100 for Careers, and featured on sites ranging from Business Insider to the Fast Company, I can honestly say I’ve learned a few things.
My work both at the Revolutionary Club and Coach Pony has reached millions of people, and I’ve served literally thousands of paying clients.
But, my journey to my first client was a rocky one.
When I first started out, I can remember thinking to myself that I would do almost anything to get someone to tell me how they got their first clients. I wanted to know two things: 1) how they did it so I could do it and 2) that there was hope for me to succeed at this coaching thing!
So if this is you, allow me to share how I got my very first paying client in the hopes that it helps you land your first client—or your next client.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- What an encounter in an elevator was proof that I should think big
- How a systematic plan of attack helped me land my first paying client
- What I learned during this journey and what should have done differently
- And what you can do to never feel alone in your career journey
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Agatha Christie
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less – Greg McKeown